One of the primary areas of focus for the Children's Ministries at First Baptist Church Diboll is the evangelism of Children. We understand that no one seeks God on their own (Romans 3:10-12) and that everyone is conceived and born into this world as a sinner (Psalm 51:5;Ephesians 2:3). This includes all the children of our ministry who must repent of their sins (Matthew 3:2; Acts 3:19), believe in Christ as their Savior (Romans 10:9), and surrender to Him as their Lord (Luke 9:23; Romans 10:9).
Any evangelism of children should include these core components:
- God is the Creator and Owner of the universe and all that is in it (Genesis 1:1; Psalm 24:1).
- God is holy (perfect) and requires all of humanity to be perfect (Leviticus 19:2; Matthew 5:48).
- God requires everyone to obey His law perfectly (James 2:10).
- Everyone is a sinner and violates God's requirement of perfection (Romans 3:23).
- The punishment for this imperfection and sinfulness is death and eternity in hell (Matthew 25:41; Romans 6:23).
- No one can do anything that will save him from that punishment (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5).
- Christ came to earth as fully God and fully man (Colossians 1:19, 2:9).
- He lived the life of perfection that God requires (1 John 3:5).
- He died on the cross to save sinners (Romans 5:8).
- He rose from the dead and is alive today to complete the victory over death and sin (1 Corinthians 15:4).
- Sinners must repent (turn away) from their sin (Isaiah 55:7; Luke 9:23; Acts 17:30).
- Sinners must believe in Jesus as their Savior and Lord (Romans 10:9).
- Sinners must turn over their life completely surrendering to Jesus as their Lord (Matthew 16:24; Mark 8:34).
While we endeavor to reinforce these truths week after week, the ultimate responsibility for this training lies in the hands of the parents. We see this from the example of the Israelites (Deuteronomy 6:4-9) and are reminded of this truth by Solomon (Proverbs 22:6).