In 1897, the Southern Pine Lumber Company built a union church shared by Baptists and Methodists of Diboll. The Baptists acquired land from Copes family heirs in 1915 and built a large frame church building in the 1920's.
Reverend Martin Smith was called as the first full-time pastor in 1935, and he continued in that role for nine years as the congregation continued to grow, the church incorporated in 1952 with George Smith, A.F. Vaughn and V.B McKinney as trustees.
New property near White Oak Creek was purchased and remains the site of the church today. The campus and the outreach have grown through the years to include helping neighbors, planting new churches, and supporting missions around the world.
Meet the Team
...Meet our team...